Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hosting files on Google Drive

Google Drive has many neat options, that I'll probably never use.
I just use it to host files that I want to share with others.  This is how I do it.

I navigate to
https://drive.google.com/

And, if I'm already signed in to my Google account (through gmail, blogspot, picasa or youtube) I see the following page.  I click on the Upload icon, near the top left.

Photobucket

I choose Files,

Photobucket

then browse to find and choose the file.  I click on Open.

Photobucket

When the upload is complete I see,

Photobucket

I click on Share and then I see the following screen.

Photobucket

I click on Change and then choose the button that lets me share the file with anyone who has the link for this file.

Photobucket

I click on Save and then Done.

Photobucket

When I see this page again I find the file that I uploaded and click on it.

Photobucket

When the web page with the file opens I check that I've uploaded the correct file then I copy the web address and share it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment